Black Whirlwind Forum
Welcome to Black Whirlwind Duel Academy! We see you aren't logged in! To get started please log in or register!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:07 am
Statistics
Members225
Most Online39
Newest Member

Deck VS; Kozmo and Burning Abyss

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alice Dupre

PostAlice Dupre on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 pm

So we'll take Kozmos and Burning Abyss and have you guys figure out which is better. Start a debate, that's the whole point of this after all. Have fun, and don't rip out throats please :3

Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Should've done RR vs Blackwings.
Anyways, I think it's a 50/50. Both are great decks, wait nvm. Kozmo is shit. Screw off Star Wars >_>
But both decks have ways to counter each other. Just depends on the side deck when up to this.

What did you expect? Our fates are joined. You can't keep me away!
Ryuuto Ookami

PostRyuuto Ookami on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:36 pm

I'd say kozmos since the boss monsters cant be targeted by card effects which is what burning abyss does

Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:39 am

F0 breh

What did you expect? Our fates are joined. You can't keep me away!
Tormentor
Spirit of Avayla
Spirit of Avayla

PostTormentor on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 am

I agree with Shun. The matchup in game 1 does however go to Kozmo as it has the advantage over BA off the bat. Although BA does run backrow which it can setup up by going first as well as Kozmo on the right occasion can brick something it is fairly hard to do in BA. Furthermore BA has access to one of Kozmo's worst nightmare that being Utopic Future F0. Kozmo when facing this threat usually have to go into the extra deck for something like pleiades or infinity while this usually doesnt cost the BA player any resources as they will usually have Dante's attached that will just throat. Adding to BA's side most people are mainly 2 F0's to cripple Kozmo as well as BA has the ability to otk with a near perfect hand but can play with just about any type of hand whether it be walling up with Dante or walling up with Backrow. Now off to Kozmo starting off with Kozmo is the fact that your ships can't be targeted which in theory can right off the bat put BA at a disadvantage. Second off Kozmo has the ability for it's ships to float into pilots and then climb back into ships making it hard for them to be OTKed. Furthering Kozmo is a threat to almost all otk decks Wickedwitch. For the mer cost of 1000lp this card for the entire turn cant be destroyed by battle or by card effects making it a hassle to deal with. One of the biggest things is the hand trap version can destroy BA with one of the cards BA player fear the most is Max "C" allowing you to plus off the opponent special summoning in which BA does a lot of that. Another factor to take into account is how these decks can side vs each other Kozmo can side stuff like Flying C as well as Max C while BA have options like Max C, Vanity Fiend, Majesty's Fiend, and Iron wall. Kozmo might have them killed at a game 1 but in my opinion BA can surpass Kozmo in a game 2 with the amount of cards it can side and by having the ability to hardly brick.

One thing to take into account is the player running the deck and if they are new to it or have experience with how it plays. Because having somebody that knows all the plays the deck can make the one piloting or the one who is vs it can usually be the one who will when in that duel as a surprise factor.

Another thing I would like to share is the artwork and lore. Most of you might not care about this so feel free to skip over this. But I would like to take a second and compare both of these decks lore as it is quite interesting to me. First off both of these decks of TCG exclusive as well as being on the flip side of Konami's support with having BA and UA's while BA were on the top and having Kozmo and Kaiju and having Kozmo on the top. BA is based off of Dante's Inferno as Dante travels through the eight circles of hell meeting new demons while he is on his adventure. While it seems Kozmo lore comes from Star Wars mixed with Wizard of Oz.

I would like to put BA as the winner of the Deck Vs.

Shadow
Administrator
Administrator
http://blackwhirlwindforum.forumotion.com (No shit lol)

PostShadow on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:02 am

Also, with Terminus being a thing, BA can beat over cards like Dark Destroyer by simply banishing Terminus from their graveyard to bump the atk of Virgil, Dante or even the Fusion Dante by 800, effectively making Kozmo helpless to their monster for that turn. While they can bring out Forerunner, Forerunner's atk is sitting at 2800, meaning you could crash Pilgrim (Should you play him in the deck) into it, allowing you to kill their ship AND discard one card from their hand. F0 is also an effective option in this circumstance, but in the end, you got rid of their Dark Destroyer just by using one card regardless of what you choose to do at this point. I feel that BA has some great options in this matchup, but they are underlooked.

Smash mains:
Tankmonx

PostTankmonx on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:51 am

I feel peraonally kozmo has a better match up then BA but ask you have all said BA doesn't automatically lose
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum