Black Whirlwind Forum
Welcome to Black Whirlwind Duel Academy! We see you aren't logged in! To get started please log in or register!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:07 am
Statistics
Members225
Most Online39
Newest Member

How to find a deck or character that bests suits you

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Linty

PostLinty on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:50 pm

A majority of my posts relate to either Yu-Gi-Oh or Smash Bros. And posts like these, talk about both at the same time.

Step 1: Know yourself

Important questions to ask yourself like wondering what kind of player are you and what playstyle do you enjoy. Are you an aggressive player? Do you prefer being in control? Are you a defensive player that prefers to zone and aggravate your opponent? After you know what kind of playstyle you enjoy the most, you move on to the next step.

Step 2: Testing

Now that you've found out what kind of playstyle, you take a list of decks or characters and play them, rotate around them and find which characters you enjoy and follow your playstyle and find which characters you don't enjoy playing. As I said in my "[Competitive] Choice and Loyalty" post; "If you set your main character or deck in stone without exploring further, you might have just permanently disclose a potential option that you would have possibly have been happier with. After all, how could you be confident in what you have unless you truly know what else is out there?" which is relevant here as well, so don't be afraid to try out a lot of characters or test out a lot of decks.

Step 3: Decide

Now that you've tested a couple decks and characters, it's time to narrow down which ones that you like and among those, you find the ones that you will be using. Obviously in Yu-Gi-Oh you can pick a whole lot of decks to use and even be really good with them but the same transition doesn't work for Smash Bros. It's generally recommended for Smash Bros. to not pick too many mains, having more than 3 by most people's standards is excessive. Generally because you have to put in work, practice, muscle memory and experiance while using the character. And when I use the term "main", it's under the assumption that these characters are going to be used in serious tournament level. This is different than secondaries which are characters people use when sandbagging or for fun mostly (Captain Falcon).

Remember, picking a fun deck or character is much more easier to master.

If you have any criticisms or questions, I'd like to hear them.
Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:48 am

@Linty wrote: Remember, picking a fun deck or character is much more easier to master.
Amen. Couldn't have said it better. I have a great connection between the Fire Emblem franchise, hence why I try to main every FE character in Sm4sh. But for some reason, I excel at one FE character one day, yet have one that I can't use for shit. Kind of a pain imo.
This also can relate to my connection with Winged-Beasts and Shun in general. I love birds. Love, love, love them to death. I would keep one if they didn't smell so much... Anyways, when Shun finally was introduced in Arc V, I felt this strong connection. I could feel what he went through and relate it in some kind of way. These two thoughts brought together great RR decks being built (With some of Kon's help at times). So yeah. Keep these two "stories" in mind to find your own character or deck you can connect with to master!

There is no limits to what you can achieve!

What did you expect? Our fates are joined. You can't keep me away!
Leòmhann

PostLeòmhann on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:30 pm

And what would be your advice for those who are at the in between of 2 different playing styles. Like Aggressive and Control?

A faction from MADA!
Gogglehead
Tamer

PostGogglehead on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:16 pm

D9rkm9g1c19n wrote:And what would be your advice for those who are at the in between of 2 different playing styles. Like Aggressive and Control?

play something between them both, find a deck you like wich uses both styles, trust me there are more then at first glance that implement more then one tactic

Life is choices let´s start living!

Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Meh I prefer one tactic.
Full force all the way!

What did you expect? Our fates are joined. You can't keep me away!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum