Black Whirlwind Forum
Welcome to Black Whirlwind Duel Academy! We see you aren't logged in! To get started please log in or register!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:07 am
Statistics
Members225
Most Online39
Newest Member

Blackwing deck profile June 2016: Take to the skies!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadow
Administrator
Administrator
http://blackwhirlwindforum.forumotion.com (No shit lol)

PostShadow on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:38 am

Hey everybody, it's Shadow! I've decided to kick things off with my most recent build of Blackwings! As you can all tell, Blackwings have been my favorite archetype since their debut in the Yugioh 5D's anime as well as my competitive main since 2009. These birds of a feather have taken me to the top tables at each local tournament I've participated in, and I decided I'd show you all what I've been playing since SHVI!

So starting off, we have 3 Kris. Kris has been working very well, allowing searches under Whirlwind, along with easy Synchro/Rank-4 plays. 1900 is pretty damn good for a level 4, and he can't be killed by S/T effects once per turn, all of the above earning him a spot at 3 in my deck.
Next up, is a personal favorite of mine. 3 Shura has been phenominal, because once you resolve her effect, you are miles ahead in advantage. 1800 is pretty good for her level, and you can easily mow down monsters with her by using Gale or Kalut to either bring her atk up or cut her target down to size.
3 Bora. This is INTEGRAL. Bora is your best spammable non-tuner in the deck, and 1700 still isn't bad. He can allow you to swarm the field quickly and efficiently, and he can deal piercing, which a lot of people tend to take for granted.
3 Kalut. Searchable Honest is amazing. That, and 1400 can help you search what you need under Whirlwind if you HAVE to summon him. Also, if Kalut is dead in your hand, you can use Allure to banish the dead copy and draw 2 cards to potentially fix your brick hand.
3 Gale. Gale is absolutely amazing. He's a level 3, spammable tuner with the ability to cut the opponent's monster's atk in half. He allows you to run over some problem cards, Synchro very quickly, and if he is dead in hand, you can use Allure to banish a dead copy.
2 Blizzard. 3 is way too much because he isn't that good turn 1, and sometimes turn 2. But 1 isn't anywhere NEAR enough because you want to play multiple. And if you DO end up seeing a dead Blizzard in hand, Allure is a wonderful card.
1 Zephyros. Obvious combo potential is obvious.
1 Pinaki. He lets you search your combo pieces easily, but you don't really want to draw into him.
1 Harmattan. Personal tech. I love the combo potential he allows.
As for the spells, we have
3 Whirlwind. Obvious search power is obvious.
2 Allure. It's the best draw card for Blackwings right now.
2 Duality. It's sadly a must, but when Allure comes to 3 I'm cutting both.
2 MST. 3 is wayyyy too much, but 1 isn't enough. Also, Twin Twister isn't that good in Blackwings.
1 Instant Fusion. Norden wombo combos. Multiple sucks in BW.
And finally, for Traps we have 3 Icarus Attack. It is far more versatile than Twin Twisters, and it doesn't make you sacrifice hand advantage to use.
2 Black Sonic. #Blowoutcard.
2 Fiendish Chain. Because re-usable effect negation and battle control is great.
1 Warning. Fuck your summon.
1 Bottomless Trap Hole. Fuck your monsters.
1 Vanity's Emptiness. Fuck playing Yugioh.
The extra deck consists of:
1 Armades: Fuck your effects.
2 Nothung. Wombo combo.
2 Raikiri. Fuck your field.
1 Chidori. Fuck your LP.
1 Hawk Joe. More wombo combo.
1 Scrap Dragon. Why not?
1 Force Strix. All of this searching and Shun still can't find Ruri. #Shots.
1 Castel. Because fuck your card.
1 Honor Ark. Because nomming monsters is fun.
1 Key Beetle. Obvious floodgate protection is obvious.
1 Dark Rebellion. #Yuto.
1 Flare Metal. Fuck your recovery plays.
1 Norden. Because horsie.

Please let me know what you all think of my Blackwing build! I'd like to hear comments, suggestions and criticism, as well as what you would do differently!
~Shadow

Smash mains:
Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:45 am

Well if you decided to show off Blackwings... I guess I'll finally find Ruri.
I mean show off my RR.

What did you expect? Our fates are joined. You can't keep me away!
Leòmhann

PostLeòmhann on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:19 am

I play assault blackwing Turbo Onimaru so I can't really give an opinion on this deck. Except that Icarus isn necessarily better than twin. Twin can target up to 2 Icarus has to target exactly 2.Sure you don't lose hand advantage but you can lose field advantage easy. By the way I might find a way to stick Sohaya in there. It has more uses than to summon Onimaru. It is level 5 and it can summon assault blackwing synchros from grave. Then you can use it for Icarus fodder.

A faction from MADA!
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

PostShadow on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:13 am

I'm playing a TCG build. I personally don't like Twin Twisters in Blackwings because you give up hand advantage to pop spells/traps, and if you target one S/T you are going neg 1, but I guess to each their own. I'd rather stick with MST because you arent discarding shit from your hand. That, and Icarus tributes one on field to pop monsters and/or S/T cards allowing for more versatility and shenanigans with Hawk Joe bringing back tributed Blackwing Synchros, or chaining it to monster removal to punish them for trying to kill a Blackwing. There are more practical applications for Icarus in Blackwings than Twisters.
P.S.: Onimaru Turbo isn't the best build tbh. I've tested it a lot and it just got wrecked terribly. The more competitive build that isn't focused on Onimaru is just infinitely better, I've found.

Smash mains:
Leòmhann

PostLeòmhann on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Depends on the build used for Turbo Onimaru. You have to balance it so you don't brick. But when you do it works great!

A faction from MADA!
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

PostShadow on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:22 pm

I never said it bricked. I just said it isn't the most optimal build.

Smash mains:
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum