Black Whirlwind Forum
Welcome to Black Whirlwind Duel Academy! We see you aren't logged in! To get started please log in or register!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:07 am
Statistics
Members225
Most Online39
Newest Member

Some Fun Facts (LONG TOPIC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:25 am

Ok I know some of you may be thinking "OMFG IT'S SHUN I WANT TO F'ING KILL HIM!!!!"... But I have some pretty interesting information about some archtypes. I'm also thinking about starting a new section about  card lores, or what you think this means, or that means, blah blah. Just another way to get together and share our opinions on certain things. So Wynaut start off with one of my favorites, Raidraptors.

We all know in the anime, Shun is some maniac who always rants about rebellion and uses the most insane ways to defeat his opponent in a duel. So, why are these monsters very aggressive in means of military weapons? Lets look at it this way.

Shun: Raidraptors are basically the masters of the sky, AKA the air force (also supporting my military idea).
Yuto: Phantom Knights don't use "military grade weapons" (missiles, bombs, etc), but they are indeed based off of the army/ marines... You have Break Sword, which I like to think of as the cavalry. The regular Phantom Knight effect monsters are more of what the knights would use for clothing or armor... So, an "old-fashioned" army.
Ruri: Ok yeah, we have no clue what her deck would be, but if they are going with this pattern it'll just "click in". We went over everything, but the NAVY... If Ruri's deck is based off of things like cruisers, battleships, etc, the Resistance that we know of so far are indeed based off of the military. Shadow was thinking that they would give her something like Sharks. Meh I doubt they'll continue with Sharks...

Anyways, hear me out here. The Resistance from what we know of so far are based off of the military. "But Shun, these are just random interpretations. It could mean anything! And you haven't stated much about Raidraptors!" Yes this could mean anything. A pattern? I would think so. And plus, the info I'm about to state about Raidraptors will blow your mind...

*Insert suspenseful music here* The part you've been waiting for. So this is where things get interesting; the lore behind the Raidraptor Xyzs! I've always wondered, "What the fuck is the hate with Special Summoned monsters and why do they have these weird ass effects?". While looking through the wikia, researching Raidraptors, I stumbled upon the greatest information yet; they're based off of military tactics during a rebellion or revolution.

Devil Eagle: No information on military tactics, but I still have some info. The "burn" effect of Devil Eagle marks the stinging pain of what happened to make people revolt.
Force Strix: There's no information on military tactics for Strix, but here's Shadow's interpretation on it. Strix is the very beginning of the revolution. You can't just go in and take something down by yourself, you need allies, hence the search effect. When those allies are officially with you, you your numbers increase greatly, AKA the add attack.
Rise Falcon: Still no information, but still there's interpretations. Rise Falcon is the growing tension and unrest that can be created during the revolution. As time goes on, tension keeps on growing until it just can't be held in any longer. This can be related to the stacking of attack for tension, and the all out attacks for being unable to hold these feelings in.
Blaze Falcon: Finally, the good shit starts. I quote from the wikia, "This monster [Blaze Falcon] represents the warfare stage of a rebellion. In this stage, it gains tactical advantages through sneak attacks or destroying massive essential assets and leaving nothing to salvage. This is supported by its two effects, either allowing it to attack directly (sneak attack) or destroying all Special Summoned monsters which are typically very powerful and inflicting damage (the destruction of vital assets). I betchu never thought of "that crappy rank 5" being like this, huh? So basically, as the wikia states, this is when shit gets real between the two forces. Blaze is basically the opposing force trying to weaken the enemy greatly. Such a great way to render your enemies useless; take out every force they have against you.
Revolution Falcon: Alright, alright, alllrrrriiiggghhhtttt! Another quote from the wikia, "This monster [Revolution Falcon] represents the final push and revolutionary attack in the final stages of a rebellion. This is supported by its effects which allow it to weaken any Special Summoned monster it battles, attack all monsters the opponent has, and destroy a monster individually and inflict half of its ATK as damage. These are reminiscent of the destruction of any remaining assets that have a weakened foundation, ruling out any allied parties, and the final destruction of what could be the force that's orchestrating everything, respectively." So Revolution Falcon is basically the scales of the rebellion. If it something goes wrong with the "Revolution Falcon", it's over... Something goes right? The odds are in favor of  But we all know Raidraptors as the ever evolving falcon.
Satellite Cannon Falcon: No trivia from wikia, sadly. Cannon Falcon is the final blow of the rebellion if everything goes in favor for your side. The opposing force already been attacked in their most crucial areas, and all they have left are small portions of their forces. "They're already crippled; their backs are broken. Satellite Cannon is there to make sure they don't get back up" (Shadow's viewpoint).
And lastly, we have Ultimate Falcon. After the rebellion, you need that one person (or force) in charge to keep everything in check. Ultimate Falcon really is a beatstick (sadly it was destroyed by Orimaru the Divine I believe?). With that up, who would want to revolt against this sudden change of tides with who's in charge?

The last thing I would like to mention before wrapping this up is how Yuto and Shun are one of the greatest teams in YGO history. Yuto takes out the ground, and occasionally the air. Shun takes out the air, and occasionally the ground (with bombs). IF both of them goes down, Yuto can revive "fallen allies" via Break Sword. During that time period, Shun can "recruit" allies via Force Strix. With both of these forces combined, they can increase their numbers greatly and eventually overpower any enemy that comes in their way!

"Dark Rebellion is your flagship. Break Sword is willing to make that sacrifice in order to keep him alive. The only thing keeping him back is you. Will you continue the everlasting reign of Rebellion? Or will you stop Break Sword in his tracks and continue to be chained by the one ruling over you?"

Last edited by Prince Kamui on Sun May 08, 2016 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

What did you expect? Our fates are joined. You can't keep me away!
α27theDemonKnight
MADA Elite 4

Postα27theDemonKnight on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:30 am

Woah Shun! This is a really interesting and infornative read! O_O
I personally love YuGiOh Lore. Kozaky, Gagagigio and Koa'ki Meiru lore being among my favourite lores.
Really nice work on this one! XD

"He's the hero MADA deserves,
but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian,
a watchful protector.
The Demon Knight"
Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:57 am

I'll probably be doing one of these every week, but probably not as long...
Looking for suggestions, so just post of what you'd like to see on here. Even if there isn't anything on trivia, I'm sure I'll find out a way to include something interesting on it!

α27theDemonKnight
MADA Elite 4

Postα27theDemonKnight on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:35 am

Suggestions huh? Then I've got a request for you. Koa'ki Meiru

"He's the hero MADA deserves,
but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian,
a watchful protector.
The Demon Knight"
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator
http://blackwhirlwindforum.forumotion.com (No shit lol)

PostShadow on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm pretty interested in the lore of Mist Valleys as of right now. But great RR trivia bro!

Smash mains:
Prince Takumi
The Xyz Prince
The Xyz Prince

PostPrince Takumi on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Alright so here's how I'll do this shuzz.
I'll have one of these up every week (probably won't be as long).
I'll ask for the top 3 suggestions of archtypes/ cards to find interesting information on.
When I get those 3 suggestions, I'll roll a die on DN with one of our staff online to see what the choice will be (So it doesn't look like I took one in favor of the other).
The one that got rolled will be used for the research.
For example, Koa'ki will be 1-2, Mist Valley will be 3-4, and *insert random archtype/ card here) will be 5-6.

Also thanks to you guys who read the entire thing... Cause DAYUM...
That shizz is long

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum